Saturday, July 8, 2023

Crawling the Selva Lugana

Whenever I leave the refuge to explore the Selva Lugana and cover some ground looking for pirates or for la Baronessa, I roll a d10. The result is the amount of covered ground. On a 4 to 10, I roll a focus and play a scene. On a 1-3 TBD.

Whenever the covered ground reaches 100, there is an encounter with la Baronessa.

procedure – selvacrawling

  1. Once the prevailing wind is determined, and when leaving one of the Refuges to explore the Selva Lugana, roll a d10 to determine the amount of ground you cover. The result will be the distance covered during your expedition.
  2. If the result is 4 to 10, roll on the table of focus and play a scene based on it.
  3. If the result is 1 to 3, TBD
  4. Keep track of the covered ground, incrementing it based on the result of the initial d10 roll.
  5. Once the total covered ground reaches 100, trigger an encounter with la Baronessa, creating a significant event or confrontation between your character and la Baronessa.

Notes – During 7 play-test runs using this procedure, it took an average of 17 rolls for me to cover enough ground to encounter la Baronessa. Additionally, in each run, I engaged in an average of 13 scenes.

A run is going from 0 covered ground to 100 covered ground; it doesn't need to happen all in one play-session.

No comments:

Post a Comment